As we enter the third national lockdown on 5th January we wanted to reassure you, as we did during the last lockdown, that the property market has been specifically allowed to continue by the government under the strict guidelines and protocols that we were already following. This means that existing house moves can continue, and that the market is very much open for new sales, lettings and associated viewings noting the points below. We are wholly committed to supporting our clients through their move and will take every measure required to ensure that your next step on the property ladder continues as smoothly and safely as possible.
- You will be able to visit our offices however we will have limited numbers of our team “physically” in each office, in order to minimise any risk to our team or our clients and to help limit the spread of COVID-19. If you would like to visit someone in particular we recommend you call in advance to book a meeting. When you visit any of our offices you will be asked to wear a mask, use hand sanitiser and adhere to physical distancing policies. All of our team not physically in the office will of course be contactable by phone and e-mail as usual during office hours (and often outside of those!).
- Viewings can continue where the owner/occupier is happy for these to take place. Only one household will be allowed to view at any time accompanied by one of our team, anyone in a support bubble with the household undertaking the viewing will count as part of that household. Face coverings are essential at all times, please refrain from touching any furniture, doors and surfaces, and use hand sanitiser before and after each appointment. Owners/occupiers will need to vacate the property whilst viewings take place. In order to protect our owner/occupier clients we will only be allowing viewings from those purchasers who’s houses are on the market so as not to risk the health and wellbeing of those clients, and the potential spreading of the virus, with unnecessary viewings.
- Where owners/occupiers are nervous about physical viewings taking place we will endeavour to arrange for a virtual viewing to be recorded that will be available for potential viewers. Should you be a viewer who for any reason is unable to undertake a physical appointment please let us know when you contact us.
- Surveyors and trades people are allowed to continue whilst adhering to the strict guidelines that they are already following and will use appropriate PPE at all times.
- Removal firms are allowed to continue however we would encourage clients to do as much packing of their belongings themselves wherever possible. Should this not be possible we would suggest discussing with your removal company their approach to using PPE whilst working in your home.
- Solicitors and mortgage lenders will still be working throughout this period but extended timings should be anticipated due to a combination of high demand and their remote working policies.
Any questions or concerns, just ask!
Should you have any questions or concerns at all about any aspect of your property move please pick up the phone to any one of our team who will be very happy to help. We very much hope that you stay safe and well during this lockdown which is undoubtably a challenging time for us all, and we are here to support you in whatever way we can.