Why not decorate your home this Valentine’s Day?
It’s the one day of the year that we can go over-the-top with hearts and flowers. Whether you choose just one idea from the below or go the whole hog with all six, here’s how to enjoy a romantic setting at home.
1. Lights for love - Christmas may feel like eons ago but it’s time to find your fairy lights again. The soft glow they emit is very romantic, and it’s easy to add a little twinkle to the corner of any room using battery-operated versions. Drape around mirrors, decorate the mantlepiece or pile in a glass vase to make a stunning table centrepiece.
2. Table manners - why not lay your dinner table with a little more love on Valentine’s Day? Opt for your best china and glasses, use linen napkins instead of paper versions and decorate the table with small foil-wrapped chocolate hearts. Add a bottle of fizz and your favourite meal, and the look is complete.
3. Flicker and fragrance - candles are perfect for scenting a room as well as casting a soft glow. Chose heady, flowery scents, such as rose, jasmine, and gardenia, or more sultry notes of sandalwood, amber, and oud. Candles make the biggest impact when they’re lit and clustered together, and you can amplify the effect by placing them on a mirror.
4. Picture swap - create a heartwarming surprise by swapping all the photographs that are on display in your home with ones of you and your loved one. Choose images that go as far back as you can find for a sense of romantic nostalgia - your first holiday and wedding day, for example. For a really chic look, consider printing all the photos out in black and white.
5. Say it with flowers - it may be an old cliche but there’s a reason gifting blooms has never gone out of fashion. Although beautiful, roses are not the only romantic flower and you can be far more imaginative than just a regular bunch. As your florist to make your Valentine’s Day door wreath, which can be hung inside or out and even dried after for a lasting keepsake.
6. Food for thought - edible decorations are some of the best, especially if they have been handmade with love. A vintage cake stand would look wonderful stacked high with pink macarons and strawberries, or why not fill a little glass jar with Love Heart sweets? Iced heart-shaped biscuits with personal messages also make a stunning decorative arrangement.Contact